Monday, 9 May 2011

And now for something completely different...

Those of you who have been following my journey, whether you are one of my lovely twitter followers, facebook groupies or fellow blogger and creative, will have noticed that I have been quiet of late.  How so?  Well I've been exploring other creative avenues and film-making is one of them.  


I've been lucky enough to join a collective set up by a very talented friend who has amassed an amazing collection of fabulous people whose main field is in TV and film, but which also includes folk like me and for this I am eternally grateful!  It means I have been able to offer my services to assist in some very interesting projects.  The first was to help project manage the set design of a music video being entered into a Saatchi & Saatchi competition to showcase new directors at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.

The brief was: interpret and bring to life the idea of 'Hello, Future' in the form of a music video for one of Moby's tracks from his new album, 'Destroyed'.  You can c
heck out the video here.


I'll be reporting on another shoot I was on shortly, which was for an incredibly gifted and inspiring budding film director, so watch this space!


This doesn't mean I have abandoned illustrating, storytelling is at the root of my passion and I want to learn and use all the mediums available to translate that.


No comments:

Post a Comment